The Great Hudson River Revival Volunteer Fee is $62 per person
Your volunteer fee includes these wonderful perks:
- A weekend festival and camping pass
- 7 delicious and wholesome meals
- Parking for the weekend
- A 2019 festival t-shirt
- Volunteer party (live band and song swap)
- The opportunity to work alongside other like-minded festival volunteers for an average of 10 hours over the course of the weekend!
- HERE IS A LINK TO THE APPLICATION (please check out the committee descriptions on the website before you select your committee): 2019 VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
- Volunteers are expected to act in good faith, arrive on time, serve your shifts honestly and act as good-will ambassadors for Clearwater, treating the audience and other volunteers with generosity and respect.
- Volunteer Camping is divided into “Quiet Camping”, where there should be no noise or music after 9pm, and “Night Owl Camping”, where music and visiting are permitted at any time. Everyone will be happier if you abide by these guidelines.
Your Clearwater Membership
A Clearwater membership is necessary to become a Festival Volunteer. Clearwater is a member-driven organization that brings environmental awareness, education and advocacy to thousands of people every year by introducing them to the Hudson River. Our members propel our effectiveness! Clearwater has an amazing 106’ replica of a Hudson River sloop that sails up and down the river acting as a classroom and meeting space. Your Clearwater membership gives you the following:
- Discounted Public Sailing Adventure Tickets onboard the sloop Clearwater (2 discounted sail tickets per Public Sail for individuals/6 for families),
- 10% discount on all Clearwater merchandise,
- An opportunity to volunteer onboard the sloop Clearwater,
- An opportunity to volunteer at the Clearwater Festival,
- A subscription to Clearwater’s newsletter, The Navigator,
- Participation in Clearwater’s Board of Directors elections,
- Support of all of Clearwater’s essential education programs which engage thousands of children and young adults every year,
- Support of all of Clearwater’s important and ongoing environmental advocacy work
$50 – Individual
$65 – Family
$25 – Limited Income/Student
Click here to Join or Renew your Clearwater Membership
For more information about the Clearwater organization, please visit:
- Volunteering and children: When you are fulfilling your festival volunteer hours, it is important to remember that your non-working children who are 12 years of age and under must be supervised by a parent or guardian who is not volunteering at that time. The food fee for non-working children is $35 per child.
- The fee for 13-17 year old working children is $45 per child. These children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the same committee unless a committee coordinator has cleared it with the Volunteer Coordinator. They will be part of your family Clearwater membership or can become members on their own! The more members we have, the more effectively we can deliver our AMAZING CLEARWATER PROGRAMS and INITIATIVES!
Email Communication Will Be Used as Much as Possible.
There are usually over 900 volunteers working each year at the Festival. Because of this high number, we are attempting to communicate as much as possible by email for volunteer requests and confirmations. Please try to provide an individual email address unique for each volunteer, so that we can have all communication directed to each volunteer and send confirmations and volunteer packets by email. This will help save time, paper and money on postage. If you do not have an email address or do not have a unique email for each family member, please notify us about this and we will make accommodations to communicate through other means.
Arrival and Departure
Plan to be at Reception at the Festival site in Croton-on-Hudson, on Friday, June 14th between Noon & 11pm to check in. Some committees need their volunteers to arrive earlier (see Committee Descriptions).
Most volunteers complete their work and depart on Sunday evening. Some committees need their volunteers to stay later on Sunday or to work on Monday (see Committee Descriptions).
Dogs, Pets, Bikes, Fires
- Dogs or other domestic animals (except working service dogs) are NOT allowed anywhere on the site, including Volunteer Camping. Please note that the Park permits dogs, but NOT on the Festival grounds. You will not be admitted into the Festival grounds with a dog.
- Bicycles are hazardous in crowded conditions, even in Volunteer Camping, where young children may be playing and running. So, please, NO BICYCLES.
- Fires in designated fire pits ONLY.
- RV sites will be available to reserve for the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) through the Clearwater office (845) 265-8080 x7112. If you bring your RV or Pop-up Trailer to RV camping without a reservation, you will be turned away.
- RV sites have electric and water hookups and many have sewer hookups as well.
- Volunteers can reserve an RV site for Thursday night through the Croton Point Park office (914) 862-5290.
- The RV campground is adjacent to, but separate from, the Volunteer Camping area.
- Reserve your spot early! They go fast!
Questions? Call Linda at 845-265-7160 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org